The vibrant School of Arts and Social Sciences (SASS) is a pacesetter in the College of Education, Katsina-Ala. Academic scholarship conferences have been organised by the school since February 1997. Over the years, the following themes have been treated by robust participants and academics from across disciplines:
- Arts and Social Sciences and the Quest for National survival. 17th-20th February, 1997.
- Towards a Greater Nigeria in the New Millennium: The Role of the Arts and Social Sciences. 28th- 31st March, 2000.
- Nigeria: The Challenges of Nation-Building. 6th- 9th March, 2002.
- Nigeria Rebirth and Reconstruction: Issues and Challenges. 12th- 15th July, 2004.
- National Stability and Sustainable Democracy. 12th- 15 June, 2006.
- Nigeria and the Millennium Development Goals: Issues and Challenges. 25th- 27th June, 2008.
- Nigeria at Fifty: The Way Forward. 23rd- 25th June, 2010.
- Towards Hundred Years of Nigeria s Integration [1914 – 2014]: Issues and Challenges. 1st- 3rd May, 2013.
- Leadership Crises and National Development: Issues Challenges and Prospects. 18th- 20th June, 2014.- Education, Governance and Economic Trends in Nigeria 1956 – 2016 . 21st - 27th November 2016
In the organisation of these conferences, papers presented are normally peer reviewed by an editorial team after the conference. Papers found publishable have been published in the School of Arts and Social Sciences Book of Readings; such papers come up as book chapters but those who intend to publish their papers as journal articles could also send their papers after peer review and corrections effected; to the ARTSCOPE. This is a Journal owned by the School of Arts and Social Sciences, College of Education Katsina-Ala. The Journal is published annually. Upon receiving your peer reviewed papers other details will be communicated to you by the editorial team.
This year`s conference promises to be exciting because it has a semi-international phase even though it`s confines seem to be within the national boundaries. The hosting of a website and an email address for the conference this year creates limitless boundaries for global participation all over the world, we enjoin you to send in contributions in time so that your papers will be part of the conference proceedings publication.